Anieke Lamers, Building Meaningful Connections Across Geography, Borders and Timezones – InnovaBuzz 553
Anieke Lamers, Peekabond
Our guest in this episode is Anieke Lamers, a former Venture Capital investor turned Startup Founder on a mission to make every child in the world feel special and connected to roots and loved ones. With her company Peekabond she helps global families to unlock deep bonds between children, family and loved ones at a distance through asynchronous connection with playful content inspiration such as interactive lessons, activities, games, stories, songs. She’s also host of the Peekabond podcast, interviewing parents, grandparents, fellow FamilyTech Founders and Child Development and Play experts about Connecting with young children at a distance.
In our conversation Anieke talked to me about
- First making an impact with your idea, then building a sustainable business around that idea,
- Why it’s important to focus on the process of getting results, to get results,
- Surrounding yourself with people who have diverse skills, personality and aligned values.
Alyea Sandovar in episode 409 introduced us to Anieke.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Anieke Lamers, Peekabond
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Peekabond makes it easy for family members and loved ones to build beautiful, meaningful connections, across time zones, across generations, across cultures and across borders.
- Focus first on making an impact in the world, then build a financially sustainable business around that.
- A “free” service that uses user data to generate revenue, isn’t free! Better to build a subscription business that doesn’t use the users’ data.
- When we interact with children, we can rediscover play.
- As a founder and entrepreneur, the person who learns the fastest is the one who will thrive.
- Focus on the process of getting results, more than on the actual results. Constantly improve that process and learn from your failures.
- In a team, diversity of personalities and diversity of thought is a source of innovation. Key is to have aligned values.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Anieke’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Surround yourself with inspiring people who are thinking outside the box.
- Best thing for new ideas – Going to conventions, listen to keynote presentations. Listen to audio books.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Audio books and Duo Lingo.
- Keep project/client on track – Have a good project manager on your team. Focus on the outcomes.
- Differentiate – Be aware of what you are really good at become exceptional at the thing that lights your soul on fire. Find your Ikigai.
Stay playful – never stop playing. Stay curious.
You can reach out and thank Anieke through LinkedIn.
- Website – Peekabond
- LinkedIn – Anieke
- LinkedIn – Peekabond
- Twitter – @peekabond
- Instagram – @peekabond
- Dilbert, Scott Adams
Cool Things About Anieke
- Anieke is a champion for under represented business founders.
- She also loves helping other social entrepreneurs, professionals or impact-driven people with any personal or professional insights she has gathered along her journey.
- Anieke is Dutch, now lives in Portugal and was inspired to start Peekabond by her nieces in Australia.
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!