Amy Malin, Little Things Everyone Can Do to Make a Big Impact in the World – InnovaBuzz 477
Amy Malin, Trueheart
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Amy Malin, co-founder of Trueheart cause agency and the Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine. For the last two decades, Amy has worked at the intersection of Hollywood and philanthropy. Amy’s expertise is connecting celebrities and purpose-driven brands with deserving non-profits to raise millions of dollars for their noble causes while creating global media campaigns that shine a spotlight on their wonderful work.
Amy and her husband Scott are the Co-Founders of the Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine, where you can change the world with every search.
In our discussion, Amy talked to me about:
- How she leverages the power and influence of celebrities to fundraise for charities
- Little things everyone can do to make a big impact in the world
- Democratizing philanthropy through the Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastDoing good feels good. The more we do good things, the more we want to continue doing it. @AmyMalin on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Amy Malin, Co-founder of Trueheart
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Trueheart is a full-service cause agency that connects celebrities and purpose-driven brands to team up and help raise millions of dollars for deserving causes. TrueHeart produces global impact social campaigns that shine a massive spotlight on the mission best in class nonprofits whilst they drive millions of earned media impressions.
- The Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine is where we can change the world with every search. 80% of its net profits go to Trueheart’s six best in class charities that work to help people, animals, and the planet.
- The Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine is a free and easy way to do something that you are already doing every day – searching the web, and feeling great knowing that your searches are powering donations to charities.
- Everyone can do good together.
- Doing good, feels good. The more we do good things, the more we want to continue doing it. It feels great to do good because you can see the impact and the difference you are making in other people’s lives.
- “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Spiderman.
- Spending time with people or animals that are benefitting from charity, lights your heart up.
- Taking part in saving or transforming someone’s life creates an infectious energy.
- There’s a special bond that’s made by simply showing up with love and joy in your heart, and wanting to share it with others.
- You can make a difference in the world simply by giving love and joy to lift other people up.
- A lot of people use their platform to sell more product or services, but there are good ones who recognise that they can use these platforms to shine a spotlight on deserving causes. There’s opportunity to raise millions of dollars and huge awareness for charities that are doing incredible work every day on the frontlines all over the world.
- Local hospitals make miracles happen every day.
- It’s amazing to team up with a wide variety of nonprofits who are fighting the good fight every day.
- The Amazon Rainforest is one of our greatest defenses to fight climate change. To save this vital ecosystem, Trueheart works with Global Green and the Ashaninka tribe in Brazil by planting trees that will replenish all 900 Million lost during last year’s devastating wildfires. 150,000 healthy saplings were planted just last year alone!
- Local indigenous farmers are the best caretakers of our land. By planting healthy saplings with them, we are also contributing to the local economy so they can earn a good living and take care of their families.
- The Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine can be used with any browser. Simply download the extension and tap the red heart icon to start searching. It gives you the same great results as with other search engines, but the major difference is Trueheart donates 80% of their net profits to six best in class charities.
- Global Green – grants to fund planting of healthy saplings in the Amazon Rainforest
- Action Against Hunger – to help provide meals to people in need in over 46 countries around the world.
- Smile Train – to help provide 100% free cleft repair surgeries and essential treatments to kids all over the world
- PFLAG National – to help provide life-saving support to LGBTQ+ people and their families
- 4 Paws for Ability – to help provide service dogs to wounded veterans as well as children and adults with terminal and chronic illnesses.
- Variety Boys and Girls Club – to help send talented and deserving kids to college who otherwise don’t have the financial means to do so.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Amy’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Be a big dreamer. Have those big dreams, go for them, and never give up. It is always worth pursuing your dreams passionately because that is how you create change in your life and how you affect real change in your community, in your country, and on a global scale.
- Best thing for new ideas – Go on a vacation. Take a break and do fun things. Put things on pause in your professional life and take that time for yourself and your family.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Prowly Online Newsroom
- Keep project/client on track – Stay focused and resist the urge to procrastinate. Schedule things in your calendar. Have a system to help keep you on track and make you accountable to the people you are working with. Put personal reminders to take a break and do the things that are good for your mental health and wellbeing.
- Differentiate – Always be passionate. Promotion without passion is pointless. If you’re not 110% in, then there’s no point in doing it. Go all in or don’t do it at all. If you want to inspire people to join your fight, you have to communicate that passion. And when people can feel that, they’ll get fired up and will want to do whatever it takes to help you because they know it’s something that you really care about. That’s how you accomplish your goals. You take it from a moment to a movement because of that spark that you ignite.
To Be a Leader
Reach out to the people in your lives and check in on them. Spend 5 minutes every day picking up the phone and calling them to ask how they are, and really listen to them. There is so much power in our words and actions. That one small act of love, kindness, and support can make a difference in someone’s life. You have an endless supply of love in your heart and you are meant to share it with everybody.
You can reach out and thank Amy through their website.
Amy suggested we have a conversation with Speaker and Cancer Survivor, D Anthony Evans as well as Ryan Devlin, co-founder of This Saves Lives. So D Anthony and Ryan, keep an eye on your inboxes for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Amy Malin.
Search the web and help create a better world. Get the Trueheart Social Impact Search Engine here.
Cool Things About Amy
- Prior to founding Trueheart, she was the Founder and President of the highly successful firm In 2 It Media, under which she produced thousands of memorable events and created hundreds of press-worthy marketing and PR campaigns.
- She volunteers the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, donating her time and talent to produce and host themed events for the patients and their families.
- She studied Radio and Television Broadcasting at University of Miami.