Angela McDonald – The Business Room
In this episode, my guest is Angela McDonald, Business Improvement Strategist at The Business Room. The Business Room helps daily operations run smoothly by creating systems and processes, that will result to an increase in productivity and a consistency in business.
Listen to the podcast to get the scoop.When faced with something larger than yourself, look for the opportunities. TheBusinessRm on… Click To Tweet
Listen to the Podcast
Key points and take-aways from this episode with Angela McDonald from The Business Room:
- When faced with something larger than yourself, look for the opportunities that are presented – learning, contributing, connecting.
- Processes and systems need to be documented, and further, they need to be regularly audited and kept up to date.
- Often, businesses don’t realize that a lack of well documented processes, or out of date processes represent a significant risk to the business, that ultimately could impact on productivity, safety, sales and marketing.
- Processes and procedures need to be fluid and as such are best stored in an easily searchable, online system.
- The people who do the tasks every day, should be the ones writing the processes – they know them best and will have ownership as a result.
- Referrals and Partnerships are a very effective way to grow your own business.
- The Business Room helps with all aspects of Process and Systems, from auditing your current situation to custom designing systems and processes to building the documentation systems.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Angela’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – They need to be flexible, open to possibility and curious.
- Best thing for new ideas – Google. I look at the way other people do similar things to what I do, see what works and doesn’t work for them and see how I can do better and what I can offer more.
- Favourite tool for innovation / productivity – Definitely internet and software. I love Google Apps, systems that talk to one another, systems that put everything into one place that have a search facility that makes it a lot easier for me.
- Keep project / client on track – Be accountable.
- Differentiate – You have to believe in yourself and in your product. You have to understand what your ultimate aim is and build your business around your vision, mission and values.
To Be a Leader
Get your mission, vision and values sorted out. Understand what drives you and what you want to achieve, then never, ever move from the focus.
Angela suggested Dale Beaumont for me to interview on a future InnovaBuzz podcast.
So Dale, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Angela McDonald of The Business Room.
- InnovaBuzz Episode 78 – Systems and Processes
- InnovaBuzz Episode 54 – Michael E Gerber: Beyond E-Myth
- InnovaBuzz Episode 53 – Automation and Systems
- InnovaBuzz Episode 36 – Systems and Processes with Troy Dean and David Jenyns
Cool things about Angela
- She wanted to be a vet before because of her passion with animals.
- She rides horses in her spare time
- She is a Master Practitioner of NLP
- She has twin daughters as well as a son.
Listen to the Podcast
Subscribe to the InnovaBuzz Podcast:
TRANSFORMATIONAL MARKETING MAP FOR BUSINESS COACHES
The Transformational Marketing Journey for Business Coaches guides you through a comprehensive 12 step process explaining each step in detail and showing you a systematic way to grow your coaching business.