Sunny Han, Atlas Solutions – InnovaBuzz 232
Sunny Han, Atlas Solutions
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Sunny Han, Co-founder and CEO of Atlas Solutions, who produce Fulcrum Pro, a software that helps businesses grow their bottom line by improving productivity and optimising supply chain with clever use of data and some Artificial Intelligence.
Sunny saw businesses struggling with poorly produced software and ill-fitting strategies and his team set about to develop a solution that was focused on the user and the user journey, and they also make high powered technology solutions available to smaller organizations.
In our discussion, Sunny talked to me about:
- Some of the challenges in marketing an innovative solution that people may not even know they need and how Atlas have addressed those challenges
- How to have empathy with the customer journey during the user experience
- Building frameworks for robust discussion that are free of politics
Rob Braiman on episode 193 introduced us to Sunny.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Being able to empathize with the customer's behavioural journey is one of the most important things that you can do in any sort of product design. Sunny Han @At1ASX on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Sunny Han of Atlas Solutions
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- People want software that is intuitive.
- Being able to empathize with the customer’s behavioural journey is one of the most important things that you can do in any sort of product design.
- You can either try to create a product that people don’t know yet and define a way to get them to realise why it’s valuable and different than what is out there or you can find something that they already want and get them to understand that you have it and you can sell it, but either way you have to do the marketing, research, and development almost always at the same time.
- Hire smart people who are well trained in understanding your processes and understanding your business.
- Increased input gives you more time and having more time reduces the stress that you feel about your schedule.
- Having a 5% increase in your growth margin and being able to do more revenue with the same equipment and overhead will fundamentally change the way that the economics of your business works.
- Focusing on the benefit is the only way to get people to understand what you are trying to do.
- Having a sense of gratitude towards being given the opportunity to solve these problems will give you a lot of satisfaction
- With more politics, comes less innovation.
- Not wanting to deal with conflict leads to politics which then leads to the lack of innovation.
- You can’t innovate without having a set of boundaries and without any conflict because an infinite space is one of the hardest spaces in which to come up with a good idea.
- The role of leadership when it comes to innovation is not to come up with ideas all the time. It is to enable people to participate in coming up with ideas and making sure that they are being heard.
- The best answer isn’t always one where we try harder.
The role of leadership when it comes to innovation is not to come up with ideas all the time. It is to enable people to participate in coming up with ideas and making sure that they are being heard. SunnyHan @At1ASX on #InnovaBuzz… Click To Tweet
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Sunny’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Try to keep the organisation as egalitarian, fair, and as unpolitical as possible. Lack of politics, lack of tension, and more communication lead to more ideas being shared and the best ideas bubbling to the top.
- Best thing for new ideas – Having a healthy dose of self-skepticism. The more skills you have, the more self-skepticism you should have to make sure that you are not overpowering the fragile and gentle ideas. Resist the urge to jump to a conclusion.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Creating a culture of discussion.
- Keep project / client on track – Understand that it’s OK to have limited resources. Break a project down into small bite size pieces and tackle it within a shorter time frame. Small innovations and things that you can do in a shorter period of time are just as valuable. It keeps us on track and gets us to the result faster.
- Differentiate – Be courageous enough to speak about your good idea.
To Be a Leader
Start early and persevere. Studies reveal that the number one driver for success is timing. The earlier you start, the less likely you are going to miss whatever window that may be available for you; and the longer you persevere, the higher the probability that you will get to a point in time where that window is open for you.
Sunny suggested I interview Zach McGill of Perk Health. So Zach, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Sunny Han.
Cool things about Sunny
- He made websites when he was in middle school.
- He speaks Chinese, English, and Spanish.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from Drake University.