Stormie Andrews, How to See the World Through the Eyes of Your Best Customers – InnovaBuzz 466
Stormie Andrews, Yokel Local
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Stormie Andrews, President, Yokel Local, Co-host, PowerHouse Experts Podcast, and the Finances the Other “F” Word Podcast as well as Author of The World’s Best Buyer Persona System.
Yokel Local is an online inbound marketing agency partnering with overwhelmed marketing departments and executives to take the burden of the inbound marketing maze off your shoulders.
Stormie has a unique marketing mindset having transitioned from a successful sales career. He bridges the gap between marketing and sales eliminating the blame game with his knowledge, expertise, and understanding of both sales and marketing. He’s developed the World’s Best Buyer Persona ingratiating their Six Step Inbound System to achieve measurable results as described by his clients.
In our discussion, Stormie talked to me about:
- His Marketing Wheel Audit and seeing the world through the eyes of your best customers
- Having a WOW system for your clients
- That Trust is way more important than the sale
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastImmediately after the sale is when you have the greatest opportunity to WOW your customers. @StormieAndrews on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Stormie Andrews of Yokel Local
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System is designed to help you discover how your customers really think and what drives them rather than the good old fashioned customer avatars.
- If you want to have lasting relationships, you need to have a system to find out pain points, struggles, and triggering events that your customers go through.
- It’s important to spend extra time and effort to becoming a better resource for your ideal customers. It pays dividends and everyone is happier and more satisfied with the relationship.
- Different elements of your marketing require different strategies, tools, and definitions of success.
- The Marketing Wheel breaks all elements of your marketing into 8 components.
- Awareness – How aware are people about your goods and services?
- Engagement – Are people engaging with your brand?
- Lead generation – Are you generating leads?
- Conversion Optimisation – Are you converting the leads you are generating to customers?
- WOW – How are you WOWing your brand new customers? Do you have components in your system that are designed to WOW them? Do you have a system in place that is designed not only to reduce tension and apprehension but also make your customers feel warm and fuzzy that you are the right vendor to do business with?
- Customer Ladder – What are you doing to elevate your customers up to become clients, clients to advocates, and advocates to raving fans?
- Reviews – What do people say about you online? How do your reviews compare to your competitors in regards to quality and quantity?
- Referrals – Are you getting any referrals? Do you have a referral system? If you’re not getting any, then it’s a sign that there may be an issue in terms of the other elements of your marketing wheel.
- Immediately after the sale is when you have the greatest opportunity to WOW your customers.
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System helps you to know more about your customers’ pain points, struggles, motivations, needs, and the noise they are seeing in the marketplace. It is the best tool in the marketplace that gives you the information you need about your customers and significantly impact the 8 spokes of the Marketing Wheel.
- Your customers believe that a beautiful relationship has just begun as soon as they write a check or sign a contract. Don’t terminate this relationship at once by immediately looking out for the next prospect, at the expense of continuing to invest in that relationship with your new customer.
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System helps you see the world from the viewpoint of your most ideal customers.
- It’s important to understand what your ideal customers’ action beliefs are – what do they believe they would achieve by moving forward with your goods and services? Also, what their inaction beliefs are – what do they believe will happen if they don’t move forward with your solution or take no action or the wrong action? Understanding your customers action beliefs as opposed to their inaction beliefs as it pertains to helping you understand your customers is very powerful.
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System helps you identify your customers’ pain points and problems, and most importantly, the emotions that these problems lead to.
- We make decisions based on emotions. Understanding your customers’ emotions is key. It helps you get into the needs that are to be met as it pertains to the solutions that you bring to the table.
- It is also important to understand your buyer’s journey because customers have different needs to be met when they first became aware that they have a problem versus when they are considering a solution versus what is happening in the decision stage.
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System is designed to help you navigate through the entire customer journey. It helps you identify the noise that your customers are seeing in the marketplace as well as their emotions and triggering events to help you create a message that will help them trust you as a provider. It helps you create a message that is designed to give you respect by showing your authority that is important to them.
- TINB – There Is No B. There is no B Provider as it pertains to your goods and services. It means that your customers can’t imagine doing business with anyone other than you.
- When your customers feel there is no one else than you, they will tell others about you because they can’t imagine their families and people they care about doing business with anyone other than you.
- The World’s Best Buyer Persona System speeds up the sales process. Customers trust you because you empathise with them.
- No one on this planet woke up this morning wanting to buy your goods and services unless they have previous thoughts about your goods and services.
- You may not be the right solution for your customers, but you could become a trusted adviser. Aim for that.
- Trust is significantly more important and valuable than a sale.
- If you become a trusted adviser, your customers will share your brand with others. And if they share your brand with others, even if they aren’t the person that ultimately buys your goods and services, they may inadvertently turn you on to other people that end up buying from you because you developed that trust.
- Being able to help someone without the sales pressure is extremely valuable.
- All the world’s knowledge is online. If someone’s providing it, why shouldn’t it be you? You should be the person providing that knowledge to your tribe and to the people you would like to do business with. It pays dividends.
- Wherever you realise that you have a problem in the 8 spokes of the Marketing Wheel, identify what you need to do to get yourself to the next level, what tools and tactics do you need, and what your definition for success looks like.
- The more there is an alignment in your message to your ideal customers, the greater your message has the ability to not only attract the people you want to do business with, but also simultaneously repel the people that you don’t want to do business with.
- Start by identifying what you are struggling with and what you are doing great at. Focus on one element of the Marketing Wheel and start applying your new found knowledge about your customer to have significant impact on that spoke of the marketing wheel.
- You are not missing out on anything. When you can eliminate non-ideal customers, it gives you more to work with your ideal people.
- Happy customers will send you more happy people.
- Do business when it’s time to do business so that then the relationships have the ability to expand upon themselves.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Stormie’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Listen to your customers. Be curious.
- Best thing for new ideas – Listening to Audible or reading books.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Audible and podcasts
- Keep project/client on track – Setting proper expectations and managing those expectations, which requires continuous communication and eliminating suspense.
- Differentiate – Do what others are not doing in your space. Reach out to your customers. Speak to them. Pick up the phone instead of sending an email. You get a lot more information by having a meaningful conversation than an exchange of emails.
To Be a Leader
Be the Amazon in your industry. Amazon disrupted the retail industry. They thought about ways to improve the experience of their customers that put a lot of retailers out of business. Think about what you could be doing to be the Amazon in your industry; what could you be doing to disrupt your industry. Create something that sets you apart from your customers. The first thing you can do is to speak with your customers. Find out what’s important to them and what motivates them.
You can reach out and thank Stormie through their website.
Stormie suggested we have a conversation with Tom Foster, Author of Outbound Air. So Tom, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Stormie Andrews.
- Website – Stormie Andrews
- Website – Yokel Local
- Outsmart Tools
- Podcast – Powerhouse Experts
- Twitter – @StormieAndrews
Visit OutsmartTools.com and grab your FREE Marketing Wheel and World’s Best Buyer Persona System worksheets. Plus, other amazing tools and resources to understand and WOW your customers.
Cool Things About Stormie
- His company, Yokel Local, is the first and only HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency in the State of Nevada.
- He is a licensed practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
- He has been recognized as a Member of the Year from the American Marketing Association, named as a Top 50 Tech Visionary by Intercon in 2020-2021.