Mark Robinson, International Academy of Wealth – InnovaBuzz 254
Mark Robinson, International Academy of Wealth
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Mark Robinson from the International Academy of Wealth. For more than 23 years, Mark and his team have been working with business owners, CEO’s & everyday people, who have a desire to take control of their financial future in order to truly create and experience financial independence.
As an Ex-Financial Planner, who has a strong background within the financial services industry plus having run & managed several millions of dollars of business & investment assets of his own, Mark really knows his stuff. He is co-author of “The Soul Purpose of Wealth”, where the message is “stop being a slave to debt, build wealth and live life on purpose”. Listen to the conversation, and you’ll find out how to get a free copy of that book.
In our discussion, Mark and I talked about:
- His ninja mind trick to quickly build financial wealth
- Why it’s important for a business to take profit and invest in other assets
- Some ideas around the future of investing
John Bellamy in episode 212 introduced us to Mark.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastHaving multiple streams of income is an important part of wealth building. – Mark Robinson, International Academy of Wealth on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Mark Robinson of the International Academy of Wealth
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Having multiple streams of income is an important part of wealth building.
- Not everyone is going to have the next Facebook or Amazon so you have to start preparing sooner.
- Put money into a bank account that you have no access to via internet banking nor an ATM, and start using that as a wealth account. Never spend it on anything except to invest.
- A 10% return per annum is not good. It’s just OK.
- Past performance does not guarantee future returns.
- The difference between financial freedom and financial independence is education.
- Those that seek education seek responsibility. Those that seek advice seek blame.
- Financial independence is knowing your numbers and knowing what to do to be fully financially independent.
- Know what you are aiming for.
- Foundational assets are assets that you want to keep forever.
- When you have the clarity of what you are trying to achieve, you can start to spread and manage risk really well.
- Keep an eye on blockchain. There are some incredible projects in the blockchain space that can change the way we do things.
- You can start to profit like a bank by lending to peers.
- You don’t have to scale to make money. You just have to be profitable.
- Wealth isn’t about money. It has nothing to do with it. It’s about what you define wealth as.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Mark’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Be open-minded. Always go into an argument knowing you are wrong. Listen to what is out there.
- Best thing for new ideas – Understanding where you are. Look at other ideas and make them better. Don’t be afraid to utilise other people’s products and ideas.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Mind maps, Mind Genius
- Keep project / client on track – Ring them up and see if they need any help.
- Differentiate – Be a disruptor no matter what the cost. Just be yourself.
To Be a Leader
You don’t have to do everything yourself. Keep the stuff that you love to do and just be YOU.
You can reach out and thank Mark through their website.
Mark suggested I interview Will Reed, who describes himself as a Renaissance Samurai and helps people access ancient wisdom from Samurai Culture with contemporary context and meaning to help you navigate the winds and waves of change.So Will, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Mark Robinson.
Learn how to make smart investment choices to accelerate your financial independence! Grab your FREE copy of The Soul Purpose of Wealth e-book.
Cool things about Mark
- He’s also the CEO of Acquire Group and Acquire Wealth Solutions.
- He wrote the book series Winning The Wealth Game to help people better manage and protect their financial future.
- He studied at Waiuku College.