Lynn Whitbeck, Sales is about Building Realtionships with Worthy Intent – Innova.Buzz 567
Lynn Whitbeck, Petite 2 Queen
Our guest in this episode is Lynn Whitbeck, the Queen of Sales. She helps transform thinking to the client’s perspective and end sales chaos with a robust strategic plan to harvest the hidden profits. Lynn is the Founder and CEO of Petite2Queen, Host of Get More Clients on the Win Win Women Network, and host of the top podcast, Claim Your Career Crown. She has been seen in USA Today, Huffington Post, Chicago Tribune, and more!
In our conversation Lynn talked to me about
- Why worthy intent is important – – caring about the client and their product and service, and being curious about what matters to them;
- The importance of having an abundance mentality, and being willing to refer clients to competitors if it is the right fit for them;
- Why relationships are key to making an impact in the world.
Arliss Dudley-Cash in episode 452 introduced us to Lynn.
Listen to the Podcast
Quiz this Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Lynn Whitbeck, Petite 2 Queen
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Sales is all about building relationships and adding value.
- Having a worthy intent and being curious are key components to successful sales.
- Caring for your clients is essential to creating a successful relationship. Genuinely caring and being curious will help you understand what matters to your clients.
- It’s important to recognize when you’re not the right fit for a client and be willing to refer them to someone who is. Being able to recognize when you’re not the right fit for a client is a sign of maturity and understanding.
- Having an abundance mentality is key to creating a successful sales experience.
- Sales isn’t about manipulation or forcing a sale, but about helping and serving your clients.
- Building relationships with clients creates a ripple effect that can have a positive impact in the world.
- Sales is not rocket science, but it can be a gift to take something off a client’s plate. Taking something off a client’s plate is a great way to show you care.
- It’s important to recognize when traditional sales tactics can be used, but also when they can be detrimental.
- Understanding what matters to your clients is essential in creating a successful sales relationship.
- Genuinely caring for your clients is a great way to set yourself apart in the sales world.
- Follow up is critical – it’s a natural part of the sales process. The key is to provide additional value based on your deep understanding of the potential client’s needs. Find creative ways to deliver value and guide the client through the decision-making process.
- Calling someone by phone has a lot of value today, as it is a human-to-human interaction.
Here are Lynn’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Have a growth mindset and be open to new ideas.
- Best thing for new ideas – Ask for input from people, e.g. book recommendations, podcast recommendations and similar.
- Favourite resource – Revisit my own content.
- Keep project/client on track – Have a strategic plan agreed up front.
- Differentiate – Think like your client.
Lynn recommended that the listener do some introspection about where they’re at and how they’re going to market, how they’re reaching out to their clients, and think about their clients’ perspectives and genuine curiosity and worthy intent so that they can create more impact for their clients, companies, and community.
You can reach out and thank Lynn through her website and through the “Get More Clients” TV show.
Lynn suggested we have a conversation with Lesley Nase, expert on CORE communications and RJ Redden who creates epic engagement adventures, on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- Website – Petite 2 Queen
- Twitter – @petite2queen
- Instagram – @petite2queen
- TV Show – Get More Clients
Cool Things About Lynn
- Lynn loves visiting National Parks, cooking and playing Pokémon Go
- During her corporate career, Lynn was flying all over the world closing multi-million-dollar deals.
- Lynn is a master re-purposor – she creates 180 pieces of content from one core piece of content
Imagine being a part of a select community where you not only have access to our amazing podcast guests, but you also get a chance to transform your marketing and podcast into a growth engine with a human-centered, relationship-focused approach. That’s exactly what you’ll get when you join the Flywheel Nation Community by purchasing a digital token, that will also give you access to a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. With a limited number of copies available, act now to seize this opportunity to take your podcast to the next level! Visit innovabiz.co/flywheel and get ready to experience the power of transformation.