Ken D Foster, The Courage to Change Everything – InnovaBuzz 260
Ken D Foster, The Courage to Change Everything
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Ken D Foster who is a best-selling author who has been featured in hundreds of Radio Shows, Webinars and TV Networks, as well as the cover of Triathlon Magazine, and many other publications. He is a powerful and compelling guest who brings more than 35 years of expertise in personal transformation and business development.
Ken has developed science-based, highly practical solutions for stimulating human potential in companies / or individuals. He is a Visionary, Business Strategist, and Syndicated Radio Show Host of the Voices of Courage Show heard on 116 Stations in over 100 countries. His latest book “The Courage to Change Everything” can help you to see the unseeable, know the unknowable and do the impossible!
In our discussion, Ken and I talked about:
- What is “your natural state of greatness” and how you can tap into this inner genius
- Building habits to make change that will have you do new things you previously might have thought impossible
- The importance of introspection and asking yourself new and valuable questions and answering honestly
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastAll of us are born to be a genius. We all have strengths that when we focus on can bring greatness into the world. @KennethFoster on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Ken D Foster, author of The Courage to Change Everything
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- You have to feel the pain and make the change.
- “Isolation is the price of greatness” – Leonardo da Vinci
- Thoughts are just thoughts. You can choose thoughts that are disempowering and you can choose thoughts that would empower you. You can make choices that can take you to your dream and choices that will stop you down your track.
- You need to understand how to master your mind to be able to master your emotions. Once you have mastered your emotions, you can master your results and therefore you can master your actions and your destiny.
- It all starts with the mind. The mind is the cause of our bondage and the cause of our liberation.
- The more you can have discipline in your life, the easier your life gets.
- Discipline yourself and take some time to contemplate and ask yourself new questions. Once you do that, you will start to see things that are unseeable to you at that moment.
- When you take the time to quiet your thoughts, drip on your mind some new wisdom, and take some specific actions around that, your perspectives will change. You’ll start to know things that you’ve never known before and do things that you’ve never done before.
- When one thing changes, everything seems to change. To change one thing, you have to change a bunch of things.
- Change your mindset and beliefs. If you can incorporate other people’s successful beliefs inside yourself, that one belief will change just about anything in your life.
- Let go of the belief that you are tired. Let it out of your life. It’s a mind thing and whatever you focus on, your body will feel that.
- All of us are born to be a genius. We all have strengths that when we focus on can bring greatness into the world.
- We are all limitless if we can tune in to our stillness. When we are attuned to our stillness, we start to realise that there’s a lot more in us than we ever thought is possible.
- Courage is the bridge from fear to faith, from poverty to wealth, and from unhappiness to happiness. When you tune in to your courage, you start to take steps that will take your life to a completely new level.
- Get in touch with the thoughts that are holding you back and the thoughts that you need to start focusing on. It will make you feel better and it will give you more energy to do what you want to do.
- Courage is energy. It is a force.
- You develop courage by doing things that are uncomfortable on a consistent basis.
- The biggest challenge to change is resistance. You have to acknowledge that resistance is there otherwise it will just keep where you are. Ask yourself where that resistance is coming from. If you can answer that question, you can break through it.
- With resistance comes purpose. If you want to blow through your resistance, you need to have a really strong purpose for doing what you are doing.
- Inside all of us are brilliance and greatness. Inside all of us is resilience and a willpower that is far beyond what we can imagine.
- We create our future in the present moment. If you want to feel vibrant, healthy and have an amazing life in the future, you have to make commitments and tune in to those.
- People hold intentions for each other. That’s why it is extremely important to be in a group of like-minded individuals with like-minded goals. Common goals and holding intentions for each other is a habit that propels you to greatness.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Ken’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Meditation. Quiet your mind. Get into an environment that supports stillness and be with yourself. Ask yourself empowering questions and watch your creativity soar.
- Best thing for new ideas – Do something new. Challenge yourself with big goals.
- Favourite tool for innovation – My amazing wife.
- Keep project / client on track – Help that client realise that within them is greatness and help them unlock any blocks that are holding them back from keeping commitments.
- Differentiate – List down all of your strengths and track your wins every day.
To Be a Leader
It is a journey to love – the journey into our own being.
Ken suggested I interview John Foley, who is an expert in the how of high-performance teams and author of Fearless Success. So John, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Ken D Foster.
Cool things about Ken
- He’s shared the stage with many of America’s top transformational leaders including Steven MR Covey, Jay Abraham, Loral Langemeier, Les Brown, and many others.
- He’s a triathlete who was on Team USA in 2017 and competed in the ITU World Triathlon Championship in Penticton, BC, placing in the top ten in the world in Aqua Bike.
- Aside from triathlons, he also loves snow skiing, hiking, eating vegan, yoga, meditation, studying the scriptures, and continually learning.