Johnson Emmanuel, How to Consistently Attract High-Value Clients – InnovaBuzz 419
Johnson Emmanuel, Havanzer
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Johnson Emmanuel, the founder of one of the fastest-growing digital marketing agencies, Havanzer, who have clients located all around the world. Africa.com refers to him as the “#1 marketing magician”, and his clients refer to him as the “marketing genius”.
Johnson is considered the #1 authority when it comes to engineering wildly profitable campaigns, strategies, and systems that attract affluent clients consistently. His marketing strategies, systems & campaigns generate well over 100 million dollars in revenue, yearly for his clients. He is the author of the best-selling book, “Deep Pocket Clients”, and has been featured on countless top-ranked, business & marketing shows, around the world.
In our discussion, Johnson talked to me about:
- Identifying and working with high value clients
- the mindset of Marketing as an investment
- The magic offer sequence to give 10x value
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastThe best way to fight the pricing war is by not retaliating on price. @IamJohnsonEmma on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Johnson Emmanuel of Havanzer
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Marketing is an investment, not an expense.
- Every business has different needs depending on where it’s at.
- Make sure that you can actually help your clients to get the results that they need.
- The best way to fight the pricing war is by not retaliating on price.
- Don’t say no to your market, if your market isn’t saying no to you. If you believe nobody is going to pay your high-ticket offer, that is just you and not your market that is saying so.
- People will pay for transformation. If you believe that what you are selling is truly going to be useful and will provide results, people will pay for it.
- People struggle to pay for commodities. Your job is to move your product or service from being a mere commodity into a transformational product.
- Raising your price allows you to win over your competitors.
- You have a choice. You can decide to sell to 70% of people who want to buy stuff for less than $100, and you can decide to sell to 27% of people who are willing to spend $500, or you can decide to sell to 3% of people who don’t care about pricing because they value their time over money.
- You’ll keep on having price resistance if you always think about people who value money over time.
- Create a killer offer and start selling that to people who are at the top of the pyramid going down, instead of starting from the bottom of the pyramid going up.
- Your pricing model is just as important as any other aspect of your business.
- Look at what your competitors are offering and deliver 10x more of what they are giving to their market.
- Sales calls are just meant to collect money from people and nothing else. Instead of doing a sales call, do a customised strategy session instead with your customers for free. Let them know how you can truly help them in such a way that even if they don’t become your customer, they will leave feeling satisfied and recommend you to other people.
- Go after 4% of your market that brings 96% of your revenue.
- Start by getting really clear on the type of business you want to build. Once you know that, you can then identify who you want to serve.
- Look for a market that is affluent enough. Go to people who are small but big enough to pay and sustain your business.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Johnson’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Take risks and execute. Don’t be afraid to take risks, fail, and keep trying.
- Best thing for new ideas – Keep trying new things. Experiment. You may fail but it helps you become more innovative.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Infusionsoft, Active Campaign, Jotform
- Keep project/client on track – Slack
- Differentiate – Do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.
To Be a Leader
Figure out what kind of business you want to build, then look for customers who have the money to fund your vision.
You can reach out and thank Johnson through his website.
Johnson suggested we have a conversation with Nir Patel of Belk. So Nir, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Johnson Emmanuel.
Cool Things About Johnson
- He is fondly referred to as the “King of Premium Clients Acquisition.”
- He has shared the stage with some Nigerian billionaire entrepreneurs including Richard Nyong, Akinwande Ademosum, and Femi Osibona.
- He created 9 Multi-Million Dollars Marketing Systems.