InnovaBuzz Episode #91 – Jack Born, Deadline Funnels
Jack Born, Deadline Funnels
In this episode, my guest is Jack Born, the founder of Deadline Funnel and the creator of AW Pro tools. He makes software that helps entrepreneurs maximize their sales through marketing automation. His passion is to make tools that make marketing easy.
Jack talked to me today about developing products for a specific need and focusing on providing an exceptional customer experience right from the beginning.
Listen to the podcast to learn about the secrets of Jack’s success.Ship - Just get it done - no need to be perfect! @jackborn on #InnovaBuzz Click To Tweet
Listen to the Podcast
Key points and take-aways from this episode with Jack Born of Deadline Funnel:
- Deadlines are very powerful triggers – people will take action when they know that there is a deadline to meet and that after the deadline, the opportunity is gone.
- Our software makes it possible to automate deadlines so you don’t need to be manually turning things on and off. It frees you up to leverage that marketing automation and maximize your sales and conversion as much as possible.
- A lot of the best ideas Jack comes up with are born from a need he has himself. He then checks with his audience to see if they also have that need and as his audience is similar to himself, often they do.
- In developing products, Jack builds a minimum viable product that he can work with, then tests viability of that product with a target audience, before fully developing the product. That way, he gets feedback on whether the product fills a need for someone else and what needs to be improved.
- Deadline Funnel is an automated, highly personalized software that sets individual deadlines for people and triggers a sequence of follow up events. It works with other email and CRM software.
- Setting deadlines on offers improves conversions, in some cases over 37% greater with Deadline Funnel. At the same time, it saves the business owner a lot of time due to automation. Some people see much higher results.
- Setting credible and consistent deadlines builds trust as people come to understand how it works and gives them some certainty.
- Deadline Funnel provides a highly personalized onboarding process where one of the team provides a one-on-one consultation to get the user started. This provides an exceptional experience right from the start. Other support that they provide is an on-page chat in the website, an extensive knowledge base and short videos.
- In their knowledge base, Jack provides video, together with written documentation with screenshots and other written material. This caters for every communication preference. While this involves a lot of work, the material developed becomes an asset for the business. The focus is on making the user experience as good as possible.
- When people praise the teams support, they respond with “if you ever have the opportunity, please tell others about us,” while they are having a positive experience. This then generates a lot of referrals.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Phil’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Spend more time out of the office, specifically exercising. When I’m stuck with something and try to solve it, exercising usually unlocks it. It frees my unconscious mind to process those problems.
- Best thing for new ideas – Have a journal. Writing down ideas in a journal is productive because: (1) It gives you a cooling down period between when you have the idea or time to evaluate the idea. (2) It makes room for the next idea to come along.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Slack and Trello. Also, Amadeus Pro audio recorder for quick personal responses to questions.
- Keep project / client on track – Use Trello.
- Differentiate – Ship! Make sure you’re putting yourself out there and let people see and hear you.
To Be a Leader
Be humble. Network and learn from other people! There’s not really truly anything that is absolutely a 100% new. Recombining existing ideas from other people or industries into unique new combinations is what brings innovation.
Jack suggested Andre Chaperon, the author of AutoResponder Madness, Storyfluence & The 1% Club, for me to interview on a future InnovaBuzz podcast.
So Andre, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Jack Born from Deadline Funnel.
Links and Books
Cool things about Jack
- He worked closely with Perry Marshall for many years.
- He is a firm believer in the teachings of Robert Cialdini, author of Flow among other books.