Allan Dib – The 1-Page Marketing Plan
In this episode, my guest is Allan Dib, the founder of Successwise, author of The 1-Page Marketing Plan and a serial entrepreneur, self-described “rebellious marketer and technology freak”.
Successwise is a business that helps other businesses grow fast. They do that by helping to implement highly effective marketing systems.
The framework upon which these marketing systems are based is the subject of Allan’s book, The 1-Page Marketing Plan, which we explore in some detail during this interview. Those of you who have been following my podcast for a while, will know that I’m a big fan of frameworks and structure that make what might appear complex things on the surface, become easy to implement. The 1-Page Marketing Plan certainly fits that mould.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.The fundamental marketing principles are the same in every business. @successwise on #InnovaBuzz Click To Tweet
Listen to the Podcast
Key points and take-aways from this episode with Allan Dib discussing the 1-Page Marketing Plan include:
- The fundamental marketing principles are the same in every business.
- Whilst being good at what you do is important, people don’t find that out until you’ve delivered your service, so before that point, you need to inform them with good marketing.
- Every business is in the business of marketing!
- The 80:20 rule (Pareto Principle) can be applied to itself and so you get the 64/4 rule. A very small percentage of your own effort leads to most of your results. Or put another way, 96% of stuff you do is a waste of time. So focusing and optimising that 4% can have dramatic results!
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan is a great framework for systemising marketing in any business (and you know I love frameworks, right – see Frameworks, Content Marketing Framework, Automation Framework!)
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan is structured into three phases – before people know of you, during – when they know of you but not yet a customer, after – when they have become customers.
- The 9 steps to the 1-Page Marketing Plan are: Before Phase: Selecting your target market; Crafting your message; Reaching your target market with Advertising Media. During Phase: Capturing Leads; Nurturing Leads; Converting Leads to Sales. After Phase: Delivering a world class experience; Increasing customer lifetime value; Orchestrating and Stimulating referrals.
- Focused marketing messages get much better responses, than a broad message.
- Marketing is about building a relationship and building a tribe of raving fans.
- By the time you reach the Sales Conversion stage, your marketing should have already done the work. Sales should be the natural next step (or not, if there is not a good fit). The sales process is essentially, make a promise and deliver on that promise. Removing the risk to your prospect can make the sales conversion easy – make it so the client believes that it’s a no-brainer to do business with you.
- The “After” phase is one that most marketing initiatives ignore – yet this is the most critical phase. The important points here are to deliver an exceptional experience – make the customers go “WOW!” There is huge opportunity in this phase – existing customers with whom you already have a relationship and who like and trust you. Find out how else you can help them.
- Delighting your customers is not that hard to do – often it requires just little changes, rather than a complete redesign of your customer delivery process.
- Rather than “hope” to get referrals from customers, build a system to orchestrate and stimulate referrals. One of the best ways, is simply to ask for referrals!
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Allan’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Focus! Get into an environment that is away from interruptions, so you can focus on one thing.
- Best thing for new ideas – Just do it! Don’t spend too much time on thinking and planning things out. Start it now and just get it done.
- Favourite tool for innovation – A todo list, with a digital notepad – I use Notes on Apple.
- Keep project / client on track – Split things up into 90-day chunks and re-assess how your tasks go on a frequent basis, what has been done and what needs to be done.
- Differentiate – Learn and become a good marketer.
To Be a Leader
Learn to be a good marketer.
Allan suggested two world class marketers, Dean Jackson & Dan Kennedy, for me to interview on a future InnovaBuzz podcast.
So Dean & Dan, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Allan Dib.
Links and Books
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
Cool things about Allan
- He is a self-described techno freak!
- He has built, grown and successfully handed over and exited several businesses.
- He is looking forward to release another book in the next six months!
Listen to the Podcast
Subscribe to the InnovaBuzz Podcast:
TRANSFORMATIONAL MARKETING MAP FOR BUSINESS COACHES
The Transformational Marketing Journey for Business Coaches guides you through a comprehensive 12 step process explaining each step in detail and showing you a systematic way to grow your coaching business.