Gino Wickman, Entrepreneurial Leap – InnovaBuzz 290
Gino Wickman, Entrepreneurial Leap
In this episode, it’s a privilege to have as my guest, Gino Wickman, creator of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), founder of EOS Worldwide, an organization that helps thousands of businesses implement EOS with the aid of an international team of over 350 professional and certified EOS Implementers, author of the award-winning, best-selling books, Traction, Get a Grip, Rocket Fuel and his latest book Entrepreneurial Leap.
Gino is devoting time and energy toward helping entrepreneurs-in-the-making get a huge jump-start on their entrepreneurial journey, which is why he wrote Entrepreneurial Leap and created the movement around it. The mission of Entrepreneurial Leap is to find all of the entrepreneurs-in-the-making, at any age, wherever they are—to help them realize their purpose and live the life they were born to live.
In our discussion, Gino and I talked about:
- The six traits that every successful entrepreneur has, why they are inherent character traits, and how you can test for them
- Why entrepreneurship is something that you ARE rather than something that you DO
- The 16 Days Entrepreneurial Challenge
Mike Paton in episode 240 introduced us to Gino.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastBeing an entrepreneur is something that you ARE. It is not something that you DO. @GinoWickman on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Gino Wickman, Award-winning author of Entrepreneurial Leap
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Entrepreneurs are not perfect.
- The Entrepreneurial Operating System is a system with 20 tools and a very specific process and model that gets entrepreneurs great results in their business.
- The goal of Entrepreneurial Leap is to impact and help millions of entrepreneurs-in-the-making and give them a huge jumpstart in becoming what they are intended to be, and that is to become great entrepreneurs.
- You are either born with the six essential traits of an entrepreneur or not.
- Being an entrepreneur is something that you ARE. It is not something that you DO. It’s not a skillset that you can learn. You are born with it.
- After reading Entrepreneurial Leap and confirming that you think you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur, the next step is to download the free LEAP Journal, which is an exercise that you do 30-minutes a day, that takes you through each chapter of the book to really further and gain the conviction, certainty and clarity that the entrepreneurial leap is right for you.
- The six essential traits that every successful entrepreneur has are:
- Visionary – you are someone that has lots of ideas. You connect the dots. You have a 6th sense. You are able to see around corners. You have a way of seeing things that other people don’t see.
- Passionate – you have a passion for your product or service, or the thing that you want to bring into the world. You have a strong belief that the world needs this.
- Problem Solver – you are a creative problem solver. You lean into problems when they arise. You are an optimist by nature, and every cloud has a silver lining to you. You see solutions when other people are seeing problems.
- Driven – you’ve always had this internal fire. It is the sense of urgency. It’s your competitive nature. You want to succeed. You are self-motivated, and you hustle.
- Risk Taker – when faced with a tough decision, you don’t freeze. You lean into it and push through it. You make decisions and you go.
- Responsible – you default into blaming no one. When something goes wrong, you immediately look at yourself. You don’t blame others.
- The Entrepreneurial Leap takes the reader on an emotional, psychological, philosophical, and soul-searching journey of discovery. It has 3 parts:
- Confirm – whether you are or you are not – born with it. Entrepreneurship is nature not nurture.
- Glimpse – gives you a glimpse of all your options and opportunities as an entrepreneur.
- Path – shows you a path that will greatly increase your odds of success and help you avoid half the mistakes you are about to make.
- Entrepreneurship is never about age. Most of the time it’s about the circumstance.
- Take the free Entrepreneurial Leap Assessment. If you score 90 or higher, it’s a good sign that you are probably an entrepreneur and you probably possess the six essential traits. Anything less starts to become a point of concern.
- There are two types of people in the world; those that take total responsibility when something happens and those that blame everyone else. An entrepreneur errs on the side of blaming themselves.
- When something bad happens in the business, an entrepreneur defaults to “this is my problem to solve”.
- With all the uncertainty that is going on right now, entrepreneurs are reinventing the world.
- Being responsible means being a part of the solution to a problem rather than being terrified.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Gino’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Start with a passion. Be passionate about something.
- Best thing for new ideas – Keep your ears on the ground. Know your customers better than they know themselves. Stay close to them.
- Favourite tool for innovation – A legal pad and a pen.
- Keep project/client on track – Accountability. Don’t be shy to call out your clients when they are not honouring their commitments. Be really clear about the end result they are striving for and make sure that everything they are doing is working toward that end result.
- Differentiate – Know yourself, be yourself, and articulate that. Brand that. Your business is an extension of you, your unique ability, and your passion. Your job is to clearly articulate that who you uniquely are. Don’t apologise for it.
To Be a Leader
Start thinking about what you want to be ten years from now, and start moving toward that. When you start doing that, you’ll find that you are more peaceful, and ironically, you can get there faster. You can make better decisions and it will transform your life.
You can reach out and thank Gino through the Entrepreneurial Leap website.
Gino suggested I interview Joe Polish, one of the most sought after marketers today. So Joe, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Gino Wickman.
Entrepreneurial Leap: Do You Have What It Takes to Become an Entrepreneur? is available for purchase through all major retailers.
- Entrepreneurial Leap is available to order on Amazon.
- Visit e-leap.com to Take the Free Entrepreneur-in-the-Making Assessment
- Get a sneak peek! Download a Free Chapter of Entrepreneurial Leap
If you think you’re an entrepreneur-in-the-making, check out the 16 Day Entrepreneurial Leap Challenge!
- Website – Entrepreneurial Leap
- Website – EOS Worldwide
- Twitter – @GinoWickman
- Twitter – @readLeap
Other Books by Gino Wickman
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business
- Get A Grip: How to Get Everything You Want from Your Entrepreneurial Business
- Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business
- What the Heck Is EOS?: A Complete Guide for Employees in Companies Running on EOS
- How to Be a Great Boss
Cool things about Gino
- He’s been an entrepreneur since the age of 21.
- He has personally delivered more than 1,900 full-day sessions for more than 135 companies, helping them implement EOS.