Emmanuella Grace, Find Your Voice – InnovaBuzz 208
Emmanuella Grace, Find Your Voice
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Emmanuella Grace, who is the founder of Find Your Voice, a training and professional development organisation of voice and performance experts dedicated to training people from all walks of life to master their voice and give strong performances. Emmanuella has almost 2 decades of performance and coaching experience in Australia, the UK, Europe and the USA and has helped 1000’s of people to learn to express themselves with poise and clarity.
In our discussion, Emmanuella talked to me about:
- The performance mindset and how it is actually all about your audience
- How introverts can develop their voice and give powerful presentations
- Steps to take care of your voice when you speak a lot
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastLike learning how to play any instrument, you can train your voice and learn to tweak your performances. @EmmanuellaGrace on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Emmanuella Grace, Founder of Find Your Voice
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Your voice is a manifestation of the sound that your body makes and the thoughts that you have.
- Like learning how to play any instrument, you can train your voice and learn to tweak your performances.
- Being able to handle yourself well in front of an audience develops a deep internal strength that is unshakable. It is your identity. When you are in alignment, you can speak up with authority.
- You have to meet yourself where you are at. You have to accept that you are as perfect as you can be at that moment.
- Recognize the state that you are in. Denial is unhelpful as an initial point of contact. It is important to first admit to feeling the way you do and choose what you have to do rather than letting it choose for you.
- Being an introvert is not a reason for you not to be able to demonstrate the skills that can come more naturally to extroverts.
- Take the time to prepare yourself and admit that there is a whole process that goes into being resilient and fabulous as you can be on stage. You need to put boundaries in your life so you can bring the best of you in full when it is needed.
- It’s not about you. You’ve been asked to go there because you have something that those people need to hear, and it’s a gift. You don’t know what it is that you are going to share that could change their lives for the better.
- Our voice is capable of so much more than we probably realize if we know how to navigate the physiology of it.
- The sound of your voice is an important component because it is often the first thing people hear.
- Your voice doesn’t have to be the reason you don’t speak up.
- The voice is a universal capacity.
- How to take care of your voice when you speak a lot:
- Breathe in through your nose.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of liquid. Sip lots throughout the day.
- Have a really good poise. Don’t slouch.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Emmanuella’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Know what’s important to you and stay true to that.
- Best thing for new ideas – Get help from people who are good in areas that you are not good at.
- Favourite tool for innovation – People. No matter what developments we have in technology or innovation, we cannot achieve anything without valuing the people in our lives and in our business. The most valuable resource we have is each other and that is irreplaceable.
- Keep project / client on track – Create content (workbook with modules).
- Differentiate – Keep coming back to who you are and being honest about that. Really dig down into what your point is and if you are being honest.
To Be a Leader
Invest in yourself. You get out what you put in.
Emmanuella suggested I interview Sarah Anderson, Director and Co-Founder of Visibility Co. So Sarah, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Emmanuella Grace.
- Website – Emmanuella Grace
- Website – Find Your Voice
- Twitter – @Emmanuella Grace
Want free tips to help you care for your voice? Sign up here to get access to Emmanuella’s FREE Vocal Care Tips.
Got an interview? Meeting? Presentation? Sign up here for a FREE Interview Preparation Plan.
Cool things about Emmanuella
- She has performed both as a soloist and in choirs at venues including the Sydney Opera House, Hamer Hall and for ABC Radio in Australia and Royal Albert Hall, The Barbican and BBC Radio in the UK.
- Her music has been featured in film and advertising including the title song for BSKAMP, a Norwegian Documentary by Fersk Film and in February 2011 she was short-listed as a composer for the ÉCU European Independent Film Festival.
- Since launching her debut album, London Stories in May 2011, Emmanuella has entertained a sold-out Album Launch concert, been lead support for a number of award-winning acts including Norwegian Band Katzenjammer and Australian Artist, Alex Lloyd and featured at the prestigious Theresianisten Ball in Vienna.