Put the Human Back Into Marketing with Dr Jürgen Strauss
“Focus on who it is that you are serving, who are your ideal clients, and really get clear about them. Understand them as well as you can – what drives them, what motivates them, what their needs and frustrations are, what their dreams and aspirations are. That will give you a whole lot of opportunities to really connect with them and develop products and services that can really help them.”
It was a great privilege to be a guest on the Enterprise NOW! Podcast with Elzie Flenard to share my journey and educate enterprisers about putting the human back into marketing.
The Enterprise NOW! Podcast is a podcast that educates, motivates, inspires, and transforms business owners and entrepreneurs into success. It is hosted by Elzie Flenard who was also our guest on episode 246 of the InnovaBuzz Podcast.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- Be clear about what it is that you provide for your target audience.
- It is not your product or service that you are selling. It is helping your ideal customers achieve their goals.
- Marketing should not just be in the front part of the customer journey. It’s all about nurturing the customer throughout the full customer journey.
- Continue to build on those relationships even after the sale.
- Be more systematic and strategic about your marketing.
- Never stop learning.
- Keep yourself focused. Don’t be distracted by new things.
- A NO is just for today. Failure is only temporary.
- Have the flexibility to adjust and adapt when something is not working.
- Be aware of what’s happening. Be aware of the environment you are playing and the results you are getting.
- Have good measures in place to give you feedback on the outcomes of what you are doing, and make a judgement on the results that you are getting.
- Really get to know yourself. Be clear about what your business is all about, why you are in that business, and why you are doing what you are doing.
- Be clear about who your ideal customer is. Figure out how you can connect with them and how you can get a message that is meaningful and resonates with them.
- Aim to deliver an exceptional experience all the time and continue to educate your customers moving forward.