Let’s Make Marketing Human Again w/ Jürgen Strauss
“Meaningful conversations lead to transformation and trigger imagination. “
Marketing has lost its way. It’s time we make it human again.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on WOWPod with Neil Butler of Untypical to share some words of wisdom about making marketing more human and how meaningful conversations lead to transformation and innovation.
Neil Butler was also our guest on episode 348 of the InnovaBuzz Podcast.
Here are some of the takeaways from our conversation.
- Understand what business you’re in, what problem you are solving, and the need you are addressing for your customers.
- Your product or service is the vehicle that delivers transformation to your customers.
- Technology enables us to do fabulous things for our customers but we shouldn’t abdicate marketing and customer service to these tools. We need to think about our customer’s experience when using these tools.
- There’s a lot of ways that we can inject a human touch into automation.
- Marketing is starting a conversation with someone who could be a dream client.
- Marketing is the art and science of creating and sustaining memorable and remarkable customer experiences and relationships.
- You can’t put a number on the relationships you create.
- Our customers are prospects for our competitors! How we keep our customers loyal is purely down to how we look after them.
- Great things happen when you look after your customers. They become loyal and very happy.
- Think like your customers! Go through your own process as if you are a customer. It’s the best marketing qualification you can ever have.
- Acquiring new customers is great but your primary focus should be looking after your existing customers and keeping them loyal. You need to value the people you already have and who have been loyal to you for many years more than those with whom you do not have any relationship yet. Prioritise your loyal customers and make sure that they always get the best offer.
- Identify your dream client. Understand what their pains are, and then identify a way to communicate how you can address their pain in a way that makes them say, “Wow, you really understand. It’s like you were reading my mind!”.
- The more you continue to deliver remarkable experiences to your customers, the more they become loyal.
- Meaningful conversations lead to transformation and trigger imagination.
- Everyone you meet has something to teach you.
- Out of gratitude comes curiosity. Insatiable curiosity about all things leads to innovation.
- Have a positive mindset and be grateful for what’s around you.
- When you take a different mindset into something, you start to become curious, which then leads to discovery and learning.
- Innovation is having ideas. Creativity is implementing ideas.
- Innovation is solving a problem in a way that perhaps is not obvious right now. It doesn’t have to be completely new or different. It is just continuous improvement.