Growth by Listening with Dr. Jürgen Strauss
Podcasting has helped grow my business in a lot of different ways. But probably, the biggest takeaway for me is having the opportunity to learn from and build relationships with many new people and wonderful guests.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on Podcast Town Throwdown with Elzie Flenard to talk about how podcasting has helped grow my business, as well as some tips to become a better podcast host and how to grow your audience.
Here are some of the takeaways from our conversation.
- Podcasting is a great way to learn and connect with people that can lead to new business or joint ventures.
- Podcasting is a medium that really encapsulates making marketing more human.
- One of the best ways to become a better podcaster is by listening to other really good podcast hosts. Listen to how they interact with guests and how they make them feel comfortable.
- Do your research. Research about your guest not only from a view of what’s interesting about them or what fascinates you but also on how they present themselves.
- Promotion is key to growing your audience.
- Share your episodes on social media in a way that is interesting, captures people’s attention, and adds value to them even if they don’t go to look at the podcast.
- Include your podcast episodes in your newsletter and encourage your subscribers to pass them on to other people.
- Another great way to grow your audience is by becoming a guest on other people’s shows. It gets you in front of new audiences that may be curious about your show and will listen to it.
- There’s no magic pill to grow your podcast. You just have to find the things that work and double down on those. Once you get it right, it’s almost like a flywheel.
- There’s so much value in speaking with guests through a podcast. It’s like having an hour of a masterclass with somebody who is an expert in their field and having the pleasure of sharing that value with your audience as well.