Making Marketing Human Again with Dr. Jürgen Strauss
Marketing will always be about building relationships with the people we serve.
Technology can be an amazing tool for leveraging our marketing efforts. But as human beings with emotions behind our decisions, it’s not enough to simply automate every aspect of our marketing. There has got to be something human about your marketing system if you want it to work. After all, marketing will always be about building relationships with the people we serve.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on the Joy of Membership Podcast with Joy Duling to talk about making marketing human again by getting deeper into knowing your ideal dream client and delivering exceptional customer experiences at every step of the customer journey.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- Funnels are a great way to mirror your marketing system, but it’s not enough to just leave it to the mechanics.
- There is more than one customer journey. There is more than one way for customers to find what you offer and make a decision. They enter the journey at different places depending on where their business is at and how much they already know about you.
- Making marketing human again is all about using systems to save and free up time to build relationships.
- Know who your ideal customers are and aren’t and segment them accordingly based on the journey they are on.
- The Empathy Map is a fascinating tool that helps you visualise and understand your ideal customers at a deeper level.
- Customer demographics are interesting, but they don’t really go deep into understanding who your customers are – what drives them, their dreams and aspirations, their fears and frustrations; things that can help you start a meaningful conversation with them.
- The Empathy Map exercise also helps you identify some gaps where your customers need help that they haven’t yet articulated. Keep adding details to it as you’re having conversations with customers in terms of how you can really help them achieve the transformation they want.
- The Empathy Map helps you go deeper into your ideal customers’ psychographics. It takes you into what you need to know about them and how to talk about the services that you offer.
- Draw your empathy map. It’s incredibly powerful! It taps into your creativity and helps you craft an engaging story about your dream client.
- Personalise your messages. Record yourself on video and send it to people rather than just plain email messages.