How to Make Marketing and Sales Easy with Jürgen Strauss
“You have to believe that your product or service is going to transform that client from their before state to their desired after state and that you have defined that client as your ideal client. Those two things fit together. It doesn’t feel like selling at that point because you are there to serve them.”
If you truly understand your ideal clients and you believe that you are the best person to help them, then sales can be as easy as a walk in the park. In fact, it wouldn’t feel like sales at all.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on the Agency Highway Podcast with James Rose to talk about how building a deeper understanding and having a laser-sharp focus on your ideal client can make marketing and sales a lot easier.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- Focus on helping your ideal clients achieve their goals rather than selling.
- Start off with your best client. Do the whole empathy map exercise on them and “clone” that client.
- Working with people who are less than your ideal client can be very stressful and can ultimately lead to more referrals of the same type of people who are not your ideal client.
- Focusing all your energy and effort on people who you really like working with and are a good match for you generates more referrals of the same type of clients.
- Marketing is an opportunity for a conversation with someone who can be an ideal client.
- Keep building empathy as you are working and developing that relationship with your ideal client so you’ll learn about further opportunities that you can serve.
- The relationship part is key and the whole empathy map exercise really helps in building that relationship.
- If you have something that you do really well and there’s a target market that really needs that, then, it is your obligation to be marketing and selling to them but it has to be the right people and it has to be the right fit.
- You have to believe that your product or service is going to transform that ideal client. Most of us are in business because we like to be of service. The moment you realise that you are in the best position to help take this client from their “before” state to their desired “after” state then it doesn’t feel like selling because you are there to serve them.
- Make marketing more human by using technology as an enabler for having more human conversations.