More Leads Through Focus Featuring Dr Jürgen Strauss
“Focus. Really look at what you are doing, who you are doing it for, and focus.”
It was a great privilege to be a guest on the Going Solo Podcast with David Shriner-Cahn and share my journey into building a successful business after years of working in the corporate world.
David and I talked about how to transition from a corporate mindset into a small business mindset, the importance of having a mentor, and coming from a place of service.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- Small businesses need to market themselves. Nobody will see that you’re doing a great job unless you put yourself out there and communicate it in a way that demonstrates what you do.
- Get a mentor. Having someone outside of your company who can give you some external input and advice is extremely important. A mentor can also introduce you to other influential and knowledgeable people that can help build your network.
- Trust your own instincts.
- Don’t focus on yourself too much. Focus on the value that you bring.
- People who come from a place of service are able to demonstrate their expertise in a way that gives value to their audience.
- Talk about your expertise in the context of service to others. Give people information that demonstrates your expertise without being too big on yourself and in a way that establishes a relationship with people. Move those relationships forward by taking them through a customer journey that leads people to become life-long customers.
- There’s so much value in doing webinars especially now that most people are in isolation.
- Videos are a great way to give back to a bigger audience. Use videos to create awesome lead magnets as the beginning of the customer journey.
- Virtual events are also a great way to reach your audience and partner up with other experts. They’re also a lot easier to organize than in-person events.