Making Marketing Human Again to Build Real Connections w/ Jürgen Strauss
“Marketing is more than just getting your message out into the world and making the sale. It is having a deep connection with your dream client and really caring about them.“
It was a great privilege to be a guest on the Market Me Podcast to talk about making marketing human again to build real connections.
The Market Me Podcast is hosted by Business Strategist and Marketing Consultant, Mike Moll. Each episode deconstructs real campaigns for actual businesses to improve their marketing efforts.
Here are some of the takeaways from our conversation.
- Marketing is more than just getting your message out into the world and making the sale. It is having a deep connection with your dream client and really caring about them.
- Marketing is taking your dream client on a journey from where they are right now with the pains and challenges they might have to where they want to be by helping them overcome those challenges and address those needs.
- Automation is good but there has to be a human connection.
- Don’t automate until you’ve built the system and the relationship.
- A podcast can be one of your biggest marketing channels.
- A business is there to support your lifestyle and the lifestyle that you choose.
- Know who you are as a podcast host – what makes you unique, and bring that self-awareness into why you are doing it.
- Know your audience and make sure that every bit of content that you put into your podcast is addressed to your ideal audience.
- Podcasting helps you build a community around your ideal audience who are probably your dream customers. It allows you to establish a connection with them because you are giving value. They relate to you and they start to know, like, and trust you.
- Transcripts can be a bit boring and cumbersome to proofread and correct.
- A big part of podcasting is promoting it. 20% of podcasting is producing the content and show. 80% is promoting it to get in front of a bigger audience.
- Aim to do 10 episodes as a starting point for podcasting. If you want to do a conversational podcast, identify 10 people that you know and already have a relationship with that can add value to your audience, and then, start to build your network around that.